Beef is one of the most delicious protein sources out there and it is also one of the leanest, provided that you eat the right cuts.
I love beef recipes because not only does it contain a lot of protein but you can also do a lot of things with beef. It is not only healthy but it also delicious as well.
There are tons of recipes out there and I am going to share one with you today. This is an Asian inspired beef dish that is safe to consume on phase 3 of the hCG diet.
You can also eat this on phase 2 but you just have to cut down some of the ingredients. Speaking of ingredients, here are the ingredients that you need to cook the delicious hCG Diet Thai Beef:
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Minced Cloves of Garlic
- 1 pinch of ground Ginger
- 1 and 1/2 lb flank steak
- Place the fresh flank steak in the freezer for 20 minutes. This is to harden the beef for a while for the texture.
- Get a bowl and start whisking the brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, coriander seeds, ground ginger, and garlic together. All of these ingredients will serve as your marinade for the beef.
- Get the beef and start slicing it thinly across the grain.
- Get a large bowl and start placing the sliced steak in it. Pour the marinade over the steak and toss it. Make sure to coat the beef well.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let it rest at room temperature for about an hour or two (the longer, the better).
- Set the oven rack with 6 inches’ elevation from the heat source and then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the steak slices on the rack. Brush it with the marinade and allow it to cook for a minute or two for the perfect medium rare doneness. Serve and Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Thai Beef satisfies both your protein and vegetable requirement for the day. It is a little bit hefty on the calories (183 calories per serving) but I assure you, the nutrition and flavors are there.
The maximum preparation and cooking time for the dish would be at least 2 hours and would range anywhere between 2-4 hours (due to the marinating time of the beef).
The secret to good flavor is to allow the beef to marinate for a longer time. I do not recommend marinating it overnight as the flavor of the beef might get too overpowered.
I really love this dish. It is a marriage of different flavors and the cut of the beef really sucks up the flavor of the ingredients that you put in the marinade.
To ensure that it is flavorful, use the marinade liberally before cooking the beef in your oven.
The hCG Diet Thai Beef is a delicious Asian inspired dish that is hefty on nutrition and good in flavor.